L4U Library Software started in 1985 in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada when a Librarian approached us asking for help. A strong customer focus since the very beginning has led to L4U Library Management Software delivering many industry firsts and winning numerous awards over the years. To this day we still maintain that customer focus to ensure we deliver the software, features, support and training that our customers want and we are proud of our industry leading customer satisfaction measurements. For example, over the last year we closed 97% ofour support calls in the same day they were initiated. At L4U, we take customer service and satisfaction to heart!
In 2008 L4U was acquired by SRB Education Solutions which is the leading provider of Student and Financial Information Systems in Canada serving over 6,500 schools.
SRB Education Solutions is a member of StarDyne Technologies, a technology company with over 300 employees focusing on the local government and education areas within the public sector that serves over 700 cities/municipalities in North America.
L4U still maintains its headquarters in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in where it first began. Kelowna is located just 80 miles north of the US border, 200 miles from Seattle and Spokane and 400 km from Vancouver. The Okanagan Valley is renowned for its warm climate, beautiful lakes, orchards, vineyards, golf courses and ski hills but it is also hotbed of high tech! With over 200 high tech companies including Penguin Club (Disney Online Studios), Rackforce Networks, Packeteer, two major research institutions and a university, The Okanagan Valley has become known as "Silicon Vineyard" in tribute to its big brother, Silicon Valley, to the south.
L4U Library Softwares' mission is to provide superior library management software that is easy to use, innovative and responsive to our customers' needs.
L4U has expanded over the years and now has offices in Markham,ON and Chicago, IL.
Over the years, L4U has continually been a leader in the library management industry. Some of our accomplishments include:
- Chosen as the exclusive Library Management Software supplier for the Educational Computing Network of Ontario (ECNO)
- Media & Methods Awards Portfolio Winner in 2003, 2004 & 2005
- Chosen as the exclusive Library Management Software supplier for Catholic Purchasing Services
- Preferred Library Management Software supplier to the Catholic Curriculum Cooperative
- 1st platform independent library management system
- 1st library management system to be approved by the BC Ministry of Education
- 1st PC based Client/Server library management system
- 1st library management system to include automatic backup software for network configurations
- 1st Power Macintosh native library management system
- 1st "sounds like" searching
- 1st 32-bit Windows 95 library management system
- Rated #1 Windows or Macintosh based library management system by the American Library Association's Library Technology Report in 1997
- Rated #1 Macintosh based library management system by the American Library Association's Technology Reports in 1996
At L4U we are proud of our history and even prouder of our software. Our mission of "Providing superior library management software that is easy to use, powerful, innovative and responsive to our customers' needs" has made us an industry leader. Our strong Customer focus ensures we will remain so. L4U is Library Management Made Easy!